Tyson Fury and Dereck Chisora in a rematch of the previous bout won by Fury in 2011.
Fury weighed in heavy, 20 pounds heavier than Chisora in full clothing.
- Round; Description
- Chisora ducking, moving in on Fury. Fury tags Chisora with a good uppercut. Fury using his height well in the early part of the first round, Chisora swings wildly but misses. Good body shot from Chisora but hits low, Fury warned about hitting the back of the head. Chisora moves in while covering up peek-a-boo style. Fury jabbing, Chisora goes to the body and hits low again. Fighters tie up near the end of the round. Fury 10-9
- Fury jabbing to keep distance, Chisora swinging for the fences again and missing. Fury ties up Chisora when he gets close, similar to Klitschko strategy. Combo by Fury when Chisora parks within distance. Jab from Fury, another whiff from Chisora. Good body shot by Fury. Jabbing from southpaw stance. Chisora is having trouble with distance and Fury's size so far. Fury now pushing Chisora back and peppering him with jabs. Round solidly to Fury 10-9; 20-18.
- Fighters trading jabs early, Chisora has more head movement. Chisora connects with his overhand right from within the clinch, his best punch of the fight so far. Fury backing away with right-hand jabs. Chisora not closing in, finally does and gets clinched. Fury stays southpaw late in round, clinches Chisora again, gets warned for pressure on the neck. Still Fury's round, 10-9; Fury 30-27
- Fury peppers away again to start the 4th, Chisora rushes in to no effect. Clinch, and Chisora tries overhand smash again but misses. Fury switches to lefty jabs and dodges a few wild Chisora hooks. Fighters tie up against the ropes halfway through round. At close range, Fury launches mild uppercuts, then hits him with a solid left that has Chisora a bit stunned for the first time. Late in the round Chisora is trying to unleash a big punch but can't. Fury 10-9; 40-36
- Fury moving slowly but Chisora unable to get inside, Fury controlling the ring. More jabs, this time left hand. Fury backed into corner and takes a shot to the face, comes back out and jabs some more. Chisora tries it again and eats a punch in the face himself. Fury's punches aren't hurting Chisora but they are frustrating him and one eye is a bit swollen. Right hand jabs from Fury. Double jab combo, Chisora not doing much at all late in the round. Fury 10-9; 50-45.
- Chisora not a happy camper in his corner between rounds. Sixth round featuring more infighting at close range for first minute, Chisora connecting only on wide body shots, but Fury not doing much either. Fury jabs vs. Chisora wide body punches. Fury's jabs look weak, Fury stretches out his right arm as if it's slightly injured, but he's still using it for jabs. Chisora whiffs again with big right, Fury working with jabs and occasional uppercut. Closest round yet, but still Fury 10-9; 60-54.
- Chisora needs a big punch to turn things around since he can't really win on points. Chisora backs Fury into corner again but no breakthroughs. Fury throws hard right, Chisora whiffs by a mile with a right. Ref warns Fury for backhanding jabs. Fury backed against ropes, ducks away from punches. Fury isn't doing anything spectacular, but he's taken Chisora out of his game completely. Fury 10-9; 70-63
- Now Fury seems to be playing it safe, jabbing a bit but keeping more of a distance. Slow workrate from both fighters. Fury switches to orthodox stance, good left hand connects after switching back to southpaw. Chisora keeps moving in but doesn't seem to have much of a plan except for hope of a random shot to change the fight. Fury still tagging him at will, though. Fury 10-9; 80-72
- Lots of tie-up early as Chisora tries to get inside. Fighters walking around to their next clash, crowd boos. Chisora is actually bouncing on his toes, trying to get something going, but gets jabbed in the face a few times again. They trade some decent body shots, Chisora lunges again at Fury against the ropes but misses. Fury blocks another windmill, backs up to avoid yet another. Chisora ends round against ropes. Fury 10-9; 90-81.
- Fury establishes jab yet again to start 10th round. Fury in no hurry to try to force a stoppage, using his strength only to keep Chisora away with the jab and very occasional harder shot. Under a minute left, Fury is in full control and has Chisora hurt, but Chisora isn't about to go down. Fury 10-9, 100-90. Chisora's corner is pulling him, however.
Tyson Fury basically pitched a shutout against Chisora which is pretty impressive. But it's hard to tell how much credit to give since Chisora didn't show much skill; sometimes Chisora has poor fights, and this was certainly one of them.
This result, combined with #4 Kubrat Pulev's loss to Wlad Klitschko, should move Fury back into the #4 spot in our Heavyweight top 100. Chisora, who has been all over our rankings with high-profile wins mixed in with several losses, will drop to the lower reaches of the top 25 at 20-5. Fury moves to 23-0.